Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Our Journey...

For the past few months I've known that we will have to move due to "budget cuts" to our insurance. As many of you all ready know we are a military family and will be affected by the newest furloughs and budget cuts to the military. I'm not big on anything with politics because I've always believed that there are two ways to end good friendships & start a family war, talk about politics and religion. I've always been one to understand that everyone has a right to believe what they want too & are able to have opinions. With that said I really think we could stop funding other countries and take care of our own. I'm moving with four children across country because of the "new" regulations. Yes I have it better than most but then again why after almost 15 years in the military do we have to be the ones that move. Why can't we cut funding to these other countries and take care of us first. If we can't take care of ourselves what in the world do we think we are going to do for other countries? 
Time has slipped past me so fast that I now realize that we have a little over 48 hours left here in Alabama. I've made so many friends that I consider family that it breaks my heart knowing I have to leave the comfort of home to me. All though on the other side of this I have my family waiting for me and I couldn't be more grateful. I've planned so many things along the way to keep my children occupied because there's nothing worse than having kids worry about adult life's problems. Top that with having two children with Autism and one with a mild case of Cerebral Palsy and we have a equation for stopping at the looney bin...hahahaha I'm only joking but on a serious note I think this is a move that will benefit us all. 
About a year ago I was in church praying. I pray all the time because I have no idea what I'm going to do and still unsure about things at this present moment. Anyways I was praying & when I got done. Something told me to move. I didn't know where or what  but God was saying to move. Logically I couldn't we still had our lease , school, etc...so since I was doing the logical thing. Around June of this year is when I got my letter from the DOD saying I was part of the 3% of military families that will be affected by this new rules. Figures just my luck, when I called the insurance company it seemed there wasn't a loophole I could find with the exception of one. An Access to care Waiver, which means I sign a piece of paper knowing that I needed to drive up to or over a hundred miles for care!!!! With the cost of gas and four children that would not be cheap at all even for just regular check ups. I should've listened to God, He definitely will make us move even when we are dragging our feet. So this is to be continued once we hit our first state on our travels.......



Traveling Gypsies For  The Moment 

:-)

"Always Pray First"- Pastor Chris Hodges

No comments:

Post a Comment